Best answer

WooCommerce Connection: authentication failed: Authentication response parse failed.

• 18 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Right, I have been trying to setup Zapier for a a few days now and getting really fustrated with flimsy WooCommerce “integration” which will just not work.

I’ve hit a number of errors which some I have overcome, but now I am stuck and whatever I do. Following support guides and trying to do the process all over again nothing seems to get past this final error. 

We hit an error adding your new account
authentication failed: Authentication response parse failed.

I have the plugin installed, I disabled WordFence as I thought that would be causing issues. I disabled custom permalink settings, I have tried over and over to get this to work but nothing seems to help.

just to be clear I am a WordPress developer and I understand how WordPress/WooCommerce work on a developer level, why Zapier doesn’t work I do not understand.

To be fair I wasn’t that hopeful when I saw the Zapier plugin review but I thought it may have just been people misunderstanding the setup guide but It doesn’t seem to work whatever I try. 

Please could Zapier provide some help and maybe shed some light on why this plugin/auth is so poor.

Rant over.

icon

Best answer by PaulDavidson 19 August 2022, 12:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @MrBlueSea 

Welcome to the community, Sorry to hear about the bother!

Just one quick question, when you say you have the plugin installed could you confirm which plugin that is?

The Zapier WooCommerce app requires this plugin: https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-zapier/

Whereas the Zapier WordPress app requires this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/zapier/#installation

I will keep an eye out for your reply, keen to get to the bottom of this!

Userlevel 1

Hey @PaulDavidson,

I might now see the error of my ways, but one thing I have noticed. The plugin is paid for? 

So if I was going to set this up I need to pay a fee (for my level of usage) to Zapier and also pay a fee to OM4 (the WooCommerce Zapier developers) as well?

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

It is a paid plugin yes, Glad to hear this sorted this out!

Just to add I do believe OM4 have a very reasonable refund policy so if you try it out and its not for you then you should be able to get your money back!