Question

Wix forms records not populating

I am trying to create a new Wix Zap for transfer of Wix Form data. In App & event if I select Wix and Forms as the event, the Test returns as “No forms found.” If I change the Event to “Wix Custom Triggers” then my forms all populate in the Trigger Automation Rule dropdown. I select my Automation and continue to Test trigger. The Test returns just one Record that contains generic info (First Name John, Last Name Doe). It does not show any of my new records (Form Submissions). (I have 25 other Zaps that are working that were created a while ago. If I go back into those Zaps and try to pull records they have the same problem, but since the fields are all already mapped they are still working. If I would add a field to a form I would not be able to add it to the Zap becore Zapier won’t pull a new record). I know taht Wix has a webhook option that can circumvent Zapier but I am trying to connect to Salesforce which does not have a webhook option.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Michaelc101 

Here is a possible workaround using Wix Automation Webhooks: https://support.wix.com/en/article/wix-automations-sending-data-via-webhook

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

Thank you Troy, I mentioned at the end that webook would not work here as Salesforce does not work with webhooks. (As far as I was able to find)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Michaelc101 

If you are trying to send data to Zapier, then you can use the webhook workaround to send data from Wix Automations to the Zap to fire the Zap.

Then in the Zap, you can use the available Salesforce Zap app actions: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Thank you, I will try it. What would I use as the target URL?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Michaelc101 

The url generated by the Zap trigger.

Hi, 

Doesnt seem to be working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Michaelc101 

Did you test the event in Wix that would trigger the Wix Automation to then send data to the Zap webhook?

Hi, thank you. I did now and it did appear. I had an issue with webhooks in the past where Wix did not generate Keys for all of my forms (I have about 90 forms). I havent checked it yet this time around but so far this seems like a good work around. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Michaelc101 

Some apps will only send a data payload to a webhook for fields that have values to keep the data payload size as small as possible.

When testing make sure to populate all the fields you need to use in the Zap.