Best answer

Wix Automation to Zapier to Monday.com - Top data row gets overwritten

• 28 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi! I have created an integration between a WIX automation and a Monday.com board via Zapier. But... Each time the data comes into Monday, it replaces the top row of data that was there before instead of adding a new row.

I’m thinking the culprit may be my “Event” setting in my Zap. I have it set to “Change Multiple Columns Value.” Should it be something else? I’m not really sure.

Could be something other than the Event setting? Could it be something in Monday.com?

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 September 2022, 19:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @metadog 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshot showing how each Zap step in configured in order for us to have proper context, thanks.

Sure, here you go!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@metadog 

The reason the same Item is being updated in Monday is because you have a static value for the Item ID in Step 2.

Yeah, that was something else I have been looking at. What should I have in there? Could there be a way to generate sequential numbers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The reason the same Item is being updated in Monday is because you have a static value for the Item ID in Step 2.

@metadog

If you’re trying to create NEW Items then you should use this Zap action: Monday - Create Item

To create sequential numbering, use this Zap action: Storage - Increment Value

Thanks for your help, Troy! I am rolling!