Question

Why won't the phone number, City, and State zip pull through when parsing the email?

• 15 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to pipe leads into a lead management system that get delivered via email BUT I’ve tried to set up inbox after inbox with email parser by zapier and the data just doesn’t seem to want to come through properly.

The phone number one piece that doesn’t want to seem to pull through properly as well as the city, state zip.

I’m not an expert but it seems to be pretty basic task. I’ve tested with a trial on mailparser and it seems to pick it up easily. The only issue here is that the cost will be inhibiting due to the volume that we will be running.

I’ve read through resources here in the community and I think it might be possible to do this with Javascript code but I don’t even know what that means.

I’ve searched for experts but can’t find one that seems to have this sort of thing as a specialty but still have reached out to a couple.

Any advice? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @boomersooner2000!
The Email Parser definitely has some finicky bits to it, and can be tricky to set up (even when it looks like the data is straightforward).

Your best bet might be to reach out to our Support team, since they have some extra tools at their disposal. In the Community we’d have to rely on screenshots, and in my experience with the Email Parser it can sometimes require some pretty fine-tuned adjustments.

Sorry to send you elsewhere but I think you’ll get the most efficient results with our Support team :)