Best answer

Reamaze Zap: why there are no history under Zap runs?

Userlevel 1

Hi, I published a new Zap from Reamaze to Hubspot last night, after 10 hours, the Zap is not running at all. There’s no history:

This is my Zap:

This is what  I did:

1. after publishing, manually sending a trigger message -- no Zap runs
  2. go back to edit, manually pull the data and test -- works
  3. publish again, and manually sending a trigger message -- no Zap runs

My question is: under “Zap runs”, does it show all the runs even it’s not triggering?

1. Suppose my zap runs every 15 minutes, then during 1 hour of time, I should be able to see 4 runs?
  2. Or, if it’s not trigger, then there’s nothing shown under “Zap runs”

Is it a bug that the trigger just doesn’t auto run on Zapier?

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 March 2023, 13:01

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @xuchen 

Good question.

We’d need to see full screenshots with how your Zap trigger is configured.

Make sure your Zap is still ON.

Check you Zap app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Suppose my zap runs every 15 minutes, then during 1 hour of time, I should be able to see 4 runs?

For Zap triggers that are scheduled, that will depend on your Zapier Plan, which will check for new data from 1-15 minutes, but can find multiple records each time it checks for new data.

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support if you need further troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Hi @xuchen 

Good question.

Make sure your Zap is still ON.

Suppose my zap runs every 15 minutes, then during 1 hour of time, I should be able to see 4 runs?

For Zap triggers that are scheduled, that will depend on your Zapier Plan, which will check for new data from 1-15 minutes, but can find multiple records each time it checks for new data.

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support if you need further troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks Troy! The fact that after a whole night (Zap is aways ON) there are Zero Zap runs under Zap history, means that there’s a bug for Zapier to run my zap right? Because I don’t see any records of running, per my screenshot in the original message. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@xuchen

Means that there’s a bug for Zapier to run my zap right?

Depends.

Did you check your Zap app connections?

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Yep: 

and they both tested successful:

full screenshot:

It’s pretty simple to set it up and I can pull messages manually with the trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @xuchen 

The fact there is no Zap runs just means that the zap didn't trigger. This might be due to many factors, maybe you didn't receive any messages on Reamaze from customer. IF you had in fact receive messages from customer in Reamaze AFTER the zap was turned on, you might wanna contact Support about that 

https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Thanks @MohSwellam I did contact them -- email turnover is 8-24 hours. So patiently waiting for it. In the meanwhile, thank you and @Troy Tessalone for helping me out on this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@xuchen 
When you tested with the Zap ON, was this Zap trigger condition met?

Userlevel 1

@xuchen 

Yes! I actually tested both “customer” and leaving the Filter User Type empty:

1. both worked to pull data from Reamaze during “editing” phase that I can manually refresh the data and see it
  2. neither worked when I publish the Zap and nothing triggers
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @xuchen

Looks like our Support team have been investigating this with you and identified that you’re being affected by a bug. It seems that messages are sharing a "conversation category ID" instead of having their own unique message ID. And that’s causing them to be ignored by the Zap, as they’re not considered new if the Zap has already seen that conversation category ID. 

We can’t give any estimates as to when this issue will be resolved but we’ll be sure to notify you by email the moment it is. There’s no workarounds reported at the minute but if we come across any we’ll be sure to share them here in the Community! 🙂 

I just bought zapier to use with reamaze and I have the same issues

it doesn’t get triggered. 

Has this been resolved or could you instead credit me and close my zapier account

@xuchen 

1. both worked to pull data from Reamaze during “editing” phase that I can manually refresh the data and see it

Did this ever get fixed for you?
Its been a year from what I can see and I have the same issue yet Reamaze and Zapier advertise integration.
Reamaze but the blame directly at the feet of Zapier. 
Saying its a bug when someone is paying for it, isn’t really acceptable with a subscription model!

Userlevel 1

@xuchen 

Did this ever get fixed for you?
Its been a year from what I can see and I have the same issue yet Reamaze and Zapier advertise integration.
Reamaze but the blame directly at the feet of Zapier. 
Saying its a bug when someone is paying for it, isn’t really acceptable with a subscription model!

No this was not fixed in the past year

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re being affected by this issue as well @damienj.

I checked and it appears you’ve already been added to the list of folks being affected by this. While we’re unable to provide any sort of timeline for when you can expect a fix to be implemented but you can expect an email from us once it’s been resolved.

I’ve double-checked the Reamaze app on this end and it was definitely built and managed by their own developers. We have a shared issue tracking tool which their developers have access to and the issue has been flagged to them. Our team will always provide them with as much assistance as we can from our side, but ultimately it is up to their own developers to implement a fix for this issue.

Given how long this issue has been open for I think it would be worth exploring some alternatives for the trigger here:

• Webhooks: Looking at the Reamaze API documentation here it appears that basic auth is supported so you could potentially use a Webhook for the Zap trigger (available for paid Zapier plans). It looks like you’d need to reference their GET /messages endpoint documentation for the webhook itself, and we have a guide that explains how to set up polling trigger which you may find helpful in setting this up: Trigger Zaps from polling webhooks
  • Email notifications: If you’re able to get an email notifications sent to you every time a new message is created in Reamaze then you could set up a rule in your email app to automatically forward those emails to an app like Email Parser. Allowing you to trigger a Zap from those forwarded emails instead of using the New Message (Reamaze) trigger. You can learn more about how to set up Email Parser here: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails

I’ve not been able to test these as I don’t have an account with Reamaze but hopefully one of those workaround suggestions will help to get the desired workflows up and running. 

If you run into any issues while trying to implement the above suggestions or if there’s anything else I can assist with in the meantime please do let me know!