Best answer

Why my Google Sheet is not being triggered by Notion database update

• 6 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve been trying to create a zap connection that updates a specific row in my Google Sheet file when a row in my Notion database is updated. 

All the testing steps gave no error but when I published the zap and tried to use it I saw no results in my Google sheets

To understand where things were going wrong I decided to create a similar Zap that just creates a new row in a Google Sheet whenever I updated a notion database.

I created the zap when the both the notion database and google sheet were empty and then publish the zap. Everything was fine.

I then added information into my Notion database, and nothing happened.

It is very odd that the Google Sheet is not getting updated. I have tried a lot of things and I do not know what to do now

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 July 2023, 17:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Share 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Can you please ensure that the right account in Notion is connected to the Zap?

Userlevel 1

So I actually figured out what the issue was, you can’t update Notion bases but you can only create new ones. But thank you for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Share,

Awesome to hear that you were able to get things sorted out!

Additionally, I have added your email address to the “Updated Database in Notion” feature request. While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Don't hesitate to post them in the Community if you have any more questions or concerns. We're all about supporting each other in the Community! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends! 😁

I'm just dropping by to share a late update and confirm that the Notion app now has an Updated Database Item trigger. 🎉

Please note that the trigger only works on Updated Database Items. It will not trigger on New Database Items, you will need to use the “New Database Item“ trigger for those.

In case you haven't had a chance to test out this new trigger for Notion yet, I encourage you to give it a try! If you encounter any problems, feel free to reach out in the Community for assistance. Until then, happy Zapping! ⚡