Best answer

Why is Zapier transferring HTML instead of plain text from Outlook email body to Smartsheet?

• 4 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

I’m relatively new to using Zapier. I’d like to automate cataloging emails received from an outlook inbox to a Smartsheet. 

I’ve successfully connected the two apps and it’s working pretty well- the issue that I’m having is with the body of the email. The Zapier pulls over the HTML code to the Smartsheet, rather than just the plain text. Currently I can pull over a “body preview” and that is working well, but the problem is not the entire message is transferred. 

I’ve tried using the Zapier template and having emails forwarded to the Zapier email address. That didn’t work because columns such as the original sender are then changed. 

Are there settings in my outlook that should be changed in order for the body text to be transferred? Any other recommendations to solve this? 

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 August 2023, 16:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @smccms 

Good question.

Try adding this Zap action: Formatter > Text > Remove HTML Tags

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone thanks for the quick response.

This is going to show my lack of Zapier skills. Where do you add the Zap actions? 

Userlevel 1

disregard I think I found it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @smccms,

Cool beans! I’m glad Troy was able to help you out!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊