Skip to main content

Hello,

I have done a zap wich read the rows in my Glide Table. This works, i get in the output the dates, i want to read. Then it should delete this rows, wich are before the actual date. Here it stop the process, but i dont know why. in the simulation it works.

Hi @andre9426 

The screenshots are a bit hard to see.

The Zap Run was filtered at the Filter step.

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field mappings.

@Troy Tessalone 

Here you got all steps in the edit mode. Now it run through, but dont delete anything. I want just the date before 17.10.24, but it also got the 18.10.24. what can i do?

@andre9426 

There are multiple Zap step configuration issues to address…

After Zap step 2 (Glide Get Rows)

Add a Filter step to check that Rows are returned.

Then add this Zap action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items

This will allow you to iterate thru each return row from Glide

After the Looping step, add this Zap action: Formatter > Date & Time > Format Date

You need to map a variable from the Looping step that represents the Date.

You need to convert the Date from Glide to be a standardized Date format to be evaluated in the Filter step.

Help link for how to format the date properly: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496030961165-Use-filters-so-your-Zap-only-triggers-on-certain-days-times

Then your current Filter step needs to be adjusted.

Map the variable output from the Formatter step with the correct Date format.

Zap Step 4

Row ID field expects a Row ID.

Map the Glide Row ID from the Looping step.

Click the Row ID field label to see a tooltip.

@Troy Tessalone so like this? at step 3 i filter the rows datum → (Date/time) Before → ID (2024-10-16)

Then in the Loop i have Values to loop → datum and did the 2. Rows Datum inside.

step 5 Formatter also works with output in the formattet time.

Then 6. i filter the output date time before ID(). But here it just run through, if it have a date before. Also if i have a Date After it run Through? i need to sort them out, that i just delete the date before.

In step 7 i made delete row. → row id 5. Output: the formattet date.

This should work or?

@andre9426 

In the Glide Delete Row Zap step 7, the Row ID expects the Glide Row ID to delete.

You need to pass that value from Zap step 2, into the Looping step 4, then from step 4 to step 7.

General concept, map data points representing the array of items from step 2 to step 4, then from step 4 to the steps within the loop.

Help link for using Looping: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Step 6 is not configured correctly because for each loop iteration it should compare 1 date on the left side of the Filter step condition, but it comparing all the dates from Step 2, rather than using the date variable from Step 5.

The input value for Step 5 should come from Step 4.

@Troy Tessalone 

i tried it, but it still dont work. maybe you can help me by discord in a stream?

@andre9426 

For us to have more info, post updated screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field mappings.

If you are looking to hire help, there is a directory of Certified Zapier Experts: https://zapier.com/experts