Question

Why do I not have access to my Google Spreadsheets?

• 18 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I'm currently trying to set up a Zap that involves my Google Sheets. (E-mail a back-up of the sheet with MaxScheduler)

However, when I try to select a spreadsheet, I only see spreadsheets that are not owned by me. I have already given Zapier permission to access my Google Sheets, and I've made sure that I'm using the correct Google account. Despite this, I can't seem to find or select my own spreadsheets from my Google Drive when setting up a Zap. Could anyone please help me understand why this is happening and how I can make my own spreadsheets visible in Zapier? Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Pebje01 

Good question.

The spreadsheet I want to use doesn't appear in the dropdown menu

If your spreadsheet doesn't appear in the Spreadsheet dropdown menu, check its file format.
Google Sheets can open and edit .XLSX files, but Zapier can't open them. To fix this:

1. In Google Sheets, save the file as a Google spreadsheet.
  2. In Zapier, click the Spreadsheet dropdown menu.
  3. If your spreadsheet doesn’t appear in the dropdown menu, click Load More.
  4. Select your spreadsheet name.

Hi!  I have done all these steps.  My sheet STILL does not appear in the list of spreadsheets.
I watched a video and the person indicated that spreadsheets with formulas won’t work. Therefore, they won’t show up in the list of spreadsheets.  Is this a fact?  There is no workaround? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Virginia 

Depends on how the GSheet is configured.

Help articles for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Hi,

I am having the same issue. We use google as a standard so the sheet is already definitely a google sheet.

I was also an editor in the sheet. But just to be sure I then created my own Google Sheet but this one also did not appear. It does not appear when I click load more nor when I search for the spreadsheet by its name.

Can you help?

Christin

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BiteBack 

Help articles for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Might be best to post your own topic and include screenshots.