Question

Why did Zapier randomly add my Google Contacts into Follow Up Boss?

• 25 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I was sleeping and woke up to 65 of my original contacts being added into my Follow Up Boss account as “New Leads”. They were already in my contact list and I didn't do anything to trigger Zapier into adding them. Follow Up Boss says it’s an issue with Zapier but I am not having any luck with contacting a human at Zapier regarding this problem. Has anyone ever had this issue before and if so, how did you fix it? Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @BSchubs,

First, I would suggest looking into your zap run history to see when exactly these contacts were added and how it was triggered.

I see that there is a trigger for Google Contacts called New or Updated Contact. 

Is this the trigger for your Zap?

If so, then it’s possible that these contacts were updated and then triggered your Zap.

If that is the case, then you would potentially need to determine a way to add a Filter step to filter out any contacts you don’t want to go into Follow Up Boss using a certain field or group.

Alternatively, if these contacts were already added into Follow Up Boss, you could potentially add a Find a Contact step to check if they are already there.  

If they are, then you would not continue with the lead creation.

Hope this helps!