Best answer

Why did my zap stop working

• 26 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have a Reddit → GPT → Slack Zap that was working and it isn’t anymore. I am not sure if it is not triggering or something else. I believe I have an enterprise account but the live chat will not let me chat with support. Can I get some help?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 27 April 2023, 00:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Team_Telco 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

I can see that the Support Team replied to your ticket, and you’re in conversation with them. Here’s the last reply:

This Reddit trigger is a polling trigger which means we will go out and check every 5 minutes for a new posts or comments matching the search.

Right now - when we ask Reddit for posts with "Telnyx, Twilio" in them - they are not providing us any new posts.

https://gists.security.zapier.com/gists/715c1a5c-460b-40ee-9386-8bd123f4893b

If I search that term in Reddit directly - the most recent comments I'm seeing are from 13 days ago as well (posts are older).

https://www.reddit.com/search/?q=Telnyx%2C%20Twilio&type=comment&sort=new

Can you you confirm which Post or Comment on Reddit you expected to trigger the Zap but didn't?

If you could send me a link to that Reddit post (the more recent the better) - that would be helpful for me to understand what you are expecting.

In this case, it will be best to keep the conversation going with them as they can dig into the error logs of your Zap with you to look for the cause of the errors.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

You can take down this community post since support got back to me so quickly. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Team_Telco,

Awesome! I’m glad our Support team was able to help you out.

Looking at your conversation with our Support team:

Right now the New Post or Comment Matching Search in Reddit trigger will only find the exact search query entered in the Zap Editor.

Meaning I would only expect it to find Posts or Comments with the exact phrase "Telnyx, Twilio" in them.

The 2 posts you provided mention "Telnyx" but not "Telnyx, Twilio" - which is why they did not trigger the Zap.

If I'm understanding correctly - you want the Zap to trigger whenever Telnyx or Twilio is mentioned in a Post or Comment - is this correct?

We do have a feature request to allow multiple search terms to be used in this trigger - and I've added your email to that request so we can notify you if that happens.

In the meantime - you should be able to do the following:

1 - Copy the current Zap.

2 - In the current Zap Update the Search Query to just be "Telnyx".

3 - In the copy Zap Update the Search Query to just be "Twilio".

So basically - there would be 2 Zaps.

1 Zap would trigger whenever Telnyx is mentioned in a Post/Comment.

The 2nd Zap would trigger whenever Twilio is mentioned in a Post/Comment.

For anyone else following along, we want to clarify that this is a feature request. While we cannot provide an ETA, but if/when we have any updates, we'll be sure to share them in this thread.

Regarding on taking down the Community post, we believe that leaving it up would be beneficial and provide value to others who may encounter similar situations.

Thank you for being a valuable member of our Community! 😊