Best answer

Why are Salesforce opportunities that don't match my Filter conditions being created?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

My Zap filter in the last step is not working right. Filter in my last step is set so that : Opportuntiy Stage Name exactly match “Pledged”, Membership Start Date = does not exist, and Membership End Date = does not exist. Screenshot of the filter rule below.

However i attached a sreenshot with the zap run history and the Salesforce opportunity side by side. In the opportunity, Stage = closed won, and Start Date and End Date exist.

Could I please get some help to review this, because this filter error is happening for the second time.

– Asia Society Australia

icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 June 2022, 23:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ASAoperations,

It’s likely because you added wrong custom fields to the filter. Check if there are other start date / end date custom fields available in the trigger step.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello 

Hi @ASAoperations,

It’s likely because you added wrong custom fields to the filter. Check if there are other start date / end date custom fields available in the trigger step.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

There’re no other custom fields. Plus the field ‘Stage’ = Closed Won shouldn’t have passed the filter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ASAoperations 

Good question.

Check your Zap Runs history to see the data IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

This will help give you an idea about which field has the values you are seeking to use in the Filter.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @ASAoperations 

Good question.

Check your Zap Runs history to see the data IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

This will help give you an idea about which field has the values you are seeking to use in the Filter.

Hi Troy,

I have checked the zap runs history and this is where i have located the fields that go through the filter. 

These fields are highlighted on the left (zap run history) which are the highlighted fields in Salesforce on the right side of the screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASAoperations 

Are you able to locate those fields being returned in the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step for the Zap Run related to the record in question?

Please post a screenshot of that for us to have context.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@ASAoperations

Are you able to locate those fields being returned in the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step for the Zap Run related to the record in question?

Please post a screenshot of that for us to have context.

Hi Troy,

here’s the screenshot of the data out in the trigger step.

however as I mentioned, the filter where the issue happended in before the last step of sending an outbound email. Before this filter is a DELAY step. During this delay, the opportunity had been closed as CLOSED WON because the invoice had been paid, and hence those fields have been updated. The filter should check the opportunity again for these fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASAoperations 

This is a screenshot from step 2.
Was asking to see a screenshot of the DATA OUT from Step 1, explicitly showing those 2 date values.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ASAoperations 

I believe Zapier caches data from Salesforce in that trigger…. I have experienced similar issues before. The work around i used was to look at the id from the trigger step it should be something like {object_id}-{stage_name}. This value was always correct where as the stage value was occasionally an old value which looks like what you are experiencing here. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @ASAoperations 

I believe Zapier caches data from Salesforce in that trigger…. I have experienced similar issues before. The work around i used was to look at the id from the trigger step it should be something like {object_id}-{stage_name}. This value was always correct where as the stage value was occasionally an old value which looks like what you are experiencing here. 

Hello,

That’s really helpful. So with the workaround, should I add a ‘Look for opportunity’ step after the Delay step and before the Filter step?

Thanks very much 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That’s definitely worth a shot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends, I wanted to swing by and summarize some of the recommendations here! 🤗

Hi @ASAoperations 

The steps for the workaround would likely be:
Action- Delay

Action - “Look for Opportunity”

Action - Filter

Keep us posted how this works out for you, @ASAoperations!