Question

While requesting "key" from Amazon S3 we ran into an error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'generate_url'

• 10 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am trying to create a zap to upload new files from an S3 bucket to a google drive.

The zap can see the new file (and works fine if I just have it upload a text file with notification that there is a file there). But when I set it to actually upload the file to the Google Drive I get the following error:

While requesting "key" from Amazon S3 we ran into an error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'generate_url'

I am completely stuck.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @N.B.! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to community. 🤗

I saw you were able to chat with my teammate in support - which is perfect. I wanted to share their resources in case it’s helpful:

It looks like we are running into this error while trying to access the file from Amazon S3. Can you please check this doc and see if you have all the permissions granted that would allow Zapier to retrieve all objects from your Buckets? 
https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495975749005-How-to-Get-Started-With-Amazon-S3#add-a-bucket-to-s3-0-0

If you have all the permissions granted, can you please publish the Zap by skipping the Action step testing and triggering the Zap live? This also creates backend logs that I'll be able to review for more info about the issue.

I’d actually recommend continuing the troubleshooting with support as they’ll have more insight on your specific zaps and logs. Definitely keep us in the loop on your progress and/or end solution though!

We’d love to know how you’re getting along. 🙂