Question

While requesting "dev_method" from Pipedrive we ran into an error: Stage not found Please check developers.pipedrive.com for more information about Pipedrive API.

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello Community,
I am working on a zap which searches for specific persons on Pipedrive and after the person is found, details such as person id, organization name and deals can be collected and filled on a google sheet. Unfortunately, there are some names which after the deal is found, returns an error “While requesting "dev_method" from Pipedrive we ran into an error: Stage not found Please check developers.pipedrive.com for more information about Pipedrive API.” 

Most of the other searches work fine but for some particular names I get this error even though the zap history indicates the deal has been found. These are some screenshots to make it clear.

The next step is a storage step where a value from previous step is saved in storage. However, I get this error:

The storage step does not receive the data out from the previous step and hits this error

Is there any workaround or solution to this problem?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome @Jay Melfah, thanks for joining the Community! 🙂

Hmm, the “Stage not found” part of that error seems to suggest that Pipedrive wasn’t able to find the stage that’s associated with that deal. Can you take a look at the deal in Pipedrive and confirm what stage it has? 

If it doesn’t have a stage set, then perhaps that’s what’s causing the error that’s being passed along to the Storage action in the Zap. 

That said, can you also confirm whether step 13 of the Zap is a Find Deal or Find or Create Deal action? I’m also wondering if the difference in why some deals are erroring and some aren’t could be due to whether the deal is found or created by the Zap. 

Look forward to hearing from you on this! 

Thanks @SamB . 
I discovered the zaps failing did not have stage for those deals set as you indicated. That is likely the cause of the problem. Thank you for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s excellent news @Jay Melfah! Thanks for confirming that it was the stage not being set that was likely the cause of the issue here. I’m so glad I could help get to the bottom of this. 

Please do reach out again if you run into any further issues, we’re always happy to help! 🙂