Best answer

Where did Salesforce App Connection go?

• 1 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Working on a Zap. I choose Salesforce for the step after the trigger, as I always do (we’ve got literally hundreds of Salesforce related Zaps running). I get this…

icon

Best answer by donovanwatts 3 September 2022, 16:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @donovanwatts!

That’s definitely a strange one, and not something we want to see!

If you go to this page (https://zapier.com/app/connections) then search for Salesforce, does anything come up?

If so, does it maybe look like this (with the (Legacy) text:

I’d suggest getting in touch with our Support team, if you haven’t done so already. They’ll be able to dig in a bit more than we can in the Community.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks for your reply @nicksimard 

I do see Salesforce (Legacy) but the connection I use isn’t listed there. I do see it listed under Custom integrations (whatever that means) but since I can’t select it when building a zap anymore, something is definitely amiss.

i’ll reach out to support. now, to figure out how to reach out to support. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@donovanwatts I was about to update my original reply but I’ll just respond instead. I confirmed with Support that the Salesforce app was updated, and that in order to create new Zaps you’ll have to reconnect Salesforce accounts.

We sent an email a few months ago announcing that the Salesforce (Legacy) app would be deprecated. 

Here’s the content of that email:

Salesforce has recently updated their API, which impacts Zaps that use the Salesforce (Legacy) app. Zaps that use the Salesforce (Legacy) integration will no longer be supported by Zapier and will stop working in approximately the summer of 2023. 

Since Zapier will no longer support this integration, your existing apps which use the Salesforce (Legacy) app may stop working before this date if Salesforce makes additional changes to their API. The Salesforce (Legacy) app will also no longer be available to build new Zaps. 

To keep your Zaps running, you’ll need to update your Zaps to use the new Salesforce integration.

• Visit this page to view your Zaps connected to the Salesforce (Legacy) app.
  • Update each Zap to replace the old Salesforce (Legacy) app with the new Salesforce app. You’ll need to reconnect your Salesforce account(s) and set up any steps that use the Salesforce app again.

Update your Zaps

If you have questions about the updated integration or need help with your Zaps, please reach out to our support team.

Hope that helps to explain what’s happening. Do feel free to reach out to Support, though, if you still think something isn’t quite right!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

We actually did tend to legacy Salesforce apps based on that email. The Salesforce app connection we’ve been using for hundreds of zaps was not using legacy. It was using the latest and greatest Salesforce app connection.

So I think there is still something going on. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@donovanwatts Ohhhhh no! Then definitely see what Support can dig up. Sounds like something isn’t right 😕

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Zapier support says..

It looks like an update was made to the Salesforce app and the changes are being pushed out in phases.

You caught the update before your Zaps were updated, which created a bit of a "limbo" state. 

Phew. So, I’m not crazy. I did reply saying this was rather stressful and hopefully they can make this more clear in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @donovanwatts, whew! I am so glad support was able to help you get this sorted and that you were able to give feedback on how to make the experience better in the future. 🙌