Best answer

WhatsApp Notification error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'map')

• 10 October 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

How to send a message with youtube video url on WhatsaApp automatically?

I tried but I am getting the following error:

Please help me.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 11 October 2023, 16:31

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @veajawad 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Here you go:

Waiting for the help.

Thanks & Regards,

1. Jawad 
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@veajawad 

The Template field is a dropdown field with a list of options.

Each option has 2 values. (top/bottom)

The field expects the bottom value for each option.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It works if I choose the ready-made templates. How can I make it work with custom message? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@veajawad 

Help article to reference: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/19805639844621-Send-messages-in-Zaps-using-WhatsApp

You can use WhatsApp Notifications in your Zaps to send yourself WhatsApp messages to your WhatsApp account. 

Messages are limited to prefilled templates for:

• New Lead
  • New Message 
  • Payment Confirmation
  • New Order
  • Shipping Confirmation
  • Calendar Reminder

To send yourself a text message:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @veajawad,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like using custom templates on the WhatApp Notifications integration is not supported at the moment.

I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team so that they can create a feature request on your behalf. You can reach our Support Team here and tag your query as “Report a bug or request a feature”. 

7cf4459bc2c0101f1790f9db385a8e46.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for your response. 

But I can't find this option on my side:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the update @veajawad!

You can choose the “Something else” option instead. Then you can type your specific request. Like so:

0f2ae310fc0b01e89e42a1baa3bda809.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ok, Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi @veajawad :) 
f you’re looking for a custom template message to send via WhatsApp, you can use the WhatsAble app on Zapier. 
It also lets you send attachments such as pdf, images and videos in the message.
https://zapier.com/apps/whatsable-ca185063/integrations

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @veajawad! 👋

Just wanted to check how you were getting on. Did you manage to get this solved by using the WhatsAble app as Alexcollab suggested?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @veajawad :) 
f you’re looking for a custom template message to send via WhatsApp, you can use the WhatsAble app on Zapier. 
It also lets you send attachments such as pdf, images and videos in the message.
https://zapier.com/apps/whatsable-ca185063/integrations

Actually I do not want to send message from whatsapp. I want to receive a custom message from zapier. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @veajawad! 👋

Just wanted to check how you were getting on. Did you manage to get this solved by using the WhatsAble app as Alexcollab suggested?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

No, I am using ready made templates and couldn’t found the solution for a custom message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to us @veajawad. 🙂

Ah yes, I took a closer look at the WhatsAble app just now and I couldn’t see any option to select a custom message template either. 

It seems like your best bet will be to reach out to out Support team as Ken mentioned previously. They’ll be able to open up a feature request to have custom templates supported in the WhatsApp Notifications app. Sorry to not have a more immediate solution to suggest here.

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking to do here or you run into any further questions or issues at all just let us know!