Best answer

Webflow - Zapier - Hubspot | Form submissions deliver intermittently

Userlevel 1

Hello there, 

I am experiencing some issues with a zap that should copy form submissions from Webflow to Hubspot. 

Specifically, it looks like the forms are successfully being submitted on our Webflow site and Zapier receives the submission; however, delivery is failing intermittently between Zapier and Hubspot - with "intermittently" meaning that the problem occurs only from time to time, not always. 

For example, a successful case occurs when a user submits the form via Webflow, the Zap works, and the submission correctly appears on Hubspot recording the activity “Form submission” and the name of the form. 
Vice versa, the issue occurs when the user submits the form, the Zap apparently works but the form submission does not appear on Hubspot. 

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Could you please help me sort it out?

Thank you, 
Alice

icon

Best answer by AliceM 4 June 2023, 11:43

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @AliceM, thanks for joining the Community!

I’ve been looking into this on our end and found a bug report where the Create Form Submission (HubSpot) action is appearing as successful in the Zap History but, if you click onto Data Out it will show a “This action returns no data” message. 

Can you take a look at the Data Out for the HubSpot action, on a recent run of the affected Zap, and confirm whether you’re seeing that same message? 

If you are we’ll get you added to the list of affected users on that bug report. If you’re not seeing that message, are you seeing any error messages appearing for the attempted submissions on the form in HubSpot? If you are can you share a screenshot of those here so we can take a closer look? Please remove/hide any private information like names, emails etc. from any screenshots first though.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hello @SamB thank you for your reply!

Actually, we use the action “Create or Update Contact in HubSpot”, instead of the action “Create Form Submission”.

That said, I had a look at the “Data Out” for this action and compared a successful case vs. an unsuccessful one. I can see that the former has a long list of data sent out to Hubspot indeed, including value form-submissions, while the latter reports that the field form-submissions has no value - however, they both completed the same form. 

Thank you for taking the time to answer!

Best, 
Alice

Userlevel 1

Hi again @SamB :) 

I tried to change action. 

Instead of “Create or Update Contact in HubSpot”, I selected “Create Form Submission”, however this is the error message I get

Any ideas how I can fix it? 

Thank you, 
Alice

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @AliceM,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dive deeper into the issue, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the "Action" section in the "Create Form Submission" step? There could be a specific field that needs a certain value.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hello @ken.a thank you for your reply, here comes a screenshot of the Action section: 

Userlevel 1

Hello @ken.a and @SamB any suggestions on this issue? Thank you :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @AliceM,

Thanks for the screenshot!

I looked at the screenshot, and I'm having trouble identifying the cause of the error you're receiving. However, I want to double-check if the mapped data matches the options in the drop-down field on the screenshot. The reason I'm asking is that drop-down fields require specific data to be selected for the Zap to work properly. Can you please confirm if the mapped data matches the options in the drop-down field on the screenshot?

2c0e24d07cf3236a4fccc7245925893a.png
(view larger)

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a , do you mean showing you this? If yes, values seem to be correctly set. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @AliceM,

I apologize, but I have exhausted my resources on this issue. I recommend opening a ticket with our Support team so that they can take a closer look at the Zap, dig deeper into the internal logs, and determine the root cause of the issue.

You can reach our Support team at this link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

In addition, you can share the link to this Community post with them to provide them with the troubleshooting steps we have already taken.

Thank you for your understanding.

Userlevel 1

Hello there, 

I just wanted to share that I eventually figured out the problem.

The Hubspot form I was trying to submit using Zapier contains different mandatory fields: most of them are Contact-based properties, however one field corresponds to a Company-based property (in my case, value's name is 'name'). 

It seems that Zapier only matches Contact-based properties, i.e. properties related to object "Contact" (FYI, HubSpot accounts include four standard objects: Contacts (0-1), Companies (0-2), Deals (0-3), and Tickets (0-5) - you can check the API documentation here). For that reason, I got that error saying "fields.0-2/name is missing". 

To solve the problem, I just changed the type of property in my Hubspot form (Contact-based instead of Company-based) and created an automation for copying that property from Contact to Company.

I hope this helps whoever may experience the same issue :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Wow, @AliceM! Way to dig in and find out the reason for the error! 🎉

Also really appreciate you sharing the solution with the community - it’s super helpful and know it’s going to help others who may across this. 🤗

Thanks again and happy zapping!