Skip to main content
Question

Webflow form to auto email: cannot send email automatically

• 26 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I set up a Zap to send an email automatically when people sign up via the webflow form, but I keep getting the error message “To send a message, it needs at least one To, Cc or Bcc address.”  But I did? Am I setting it wrong? Please see attached

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ok_technician,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of the DATA IN and DATA OUT of the Zap run in the Zap History? This will help me look closer at the issue you’re running into.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help! Here are the screenshots of the zap run. Is this detail enough? 

Oh here’s the data in for the second step (auto sending email). it seems like the email was recorded and consistent with the previous step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ok_technician,

Thanks for the screenshots.

It looks like the issue here is the mapped data in the “To” field of your Gmail step. It’s capturing the Form Name instead of the email address.

8af50ce838444975036e0e58f4073362.png
(view larger)

If a non-email data is mapped on the “To” field the Zap will run into an error. Could you please head to the trigger step and load a new sample data by clicking on the "Find new records” button? After that, please remap the “To” field with the correct email data.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!