Question

VideoAsk Responses Not Triggering Correct Tags in Convertkit

• 12 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I reached out to Helpdesk for assistance. 

I’m having trouble with tags created with responses from conversations in VideoAsk with Convertkit. I created a zap that when a response is created in VideoAsk by Typeform that tag will then match with the tag in Convertkit. However the tags are not triggering correctly in Converkit.

Can you assist?

Thank you,

Stephanie

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Flynanced, welcome to the Community! 😁

When you say “However the tags are not triggering correctly in Converkit” is it that your VideoAsk to ConvertKit Zap isn’t adding the correct tags to subscribers?

If so, how are you matching the tags between VideoAsk/Typeform and Convertkit? Are you using a lookup table to convert the tag received from VideoAsk to the correct tag ID that ConvertKit will be expecting? Or are you using the name for the tag that’s being supplied by VideoAsk?

If you’re using the name, and that is different from the tag’s ID then I’d suggest supplying the ID for tag instead of the name. You can use a Formatter (Utilities > Lookup Table) action to match the tag name into the correct tag ID. That’ll help the ConvertKit action to know exactly which tag should be added. I’d also suggest reviewing the following guides for more details on how to use IDs as custom values and set up a lookup table:

Hope that helps. If I’ve misunderstood the issue here please can you share a screenshot to of the fields and settings that have been selected on the ConvertKit action? Please remove/hide any private information like names, emails etc. from the screenshot first. And then we’ll go from there!

Hi @SamB,

I’m sharing a screenshot of what my zap looks like.  

Add tag to subscriber in ConvertKit when new response  

I’m not sure which part of the data to use, is it the Answer ID, Answer Type, Option Text or Option ID?

And then when using Lookup tables I’m confused on the data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Flynanced,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It seems like you reached out to our Support team before regarding this issue. We noticed that you haven't replied to their latest response yet. Just wanted to bring it to your attention and make sure you're aware of their message:

I took a look at the Zap run and noticed that the field mapped was empty or not existed in the trigger by the time the Zap ran: 

The curly brackets surrounding the field name indicate that there's a field mapped, but the field has no date - either because it is empty, or was not sent to the Zap. 

Since this is a Form App, this usually happens when the Form questions are changed in the form, but the fields mapped with the Zap were not updated. 

• I noticed you already loaded a recent form submission, which brings the updated form field names. You can then re-map the fields in the action step. 

Lastly, I noticed that the field currently mapped doesn't seem to be the actual answer to the question, but the answer type setup for this question. 

Since the field mapped doesn't seem to bring the actual answer to the question, I recommend you double-check and map the field that has the actual answer as the value. 

Just wanted to check in and see if you had a chance to try the troubleshooting steps our Support team provided. If not, I recommend replying to that email. By doing so, it will create a follow-up ticket. Our Support team will be able to take a closer look at your Zap and its logs to determine the cause of the problem.

Thanks! 😊