Skip to main content
Best answer

User rate limit exceeded on google Docs

• 17 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone!

I have a zap which runs through roughly 100 records per day collected from an API call.

For every record, i run through a loop, and if all conditions are met i generate a google doc. I’ve been encountering lately this ‘User rate limit exceeded’ error which is annoying. Any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Thank you in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @fiscozen 👋

If you’re running through 100 items at a time that’s likely what’s causing you to hit those rate limits. What might help is to use a Delay action to the loop to help space out the requests more so that you’re less likely to run into those rate limit errors. The Delay After Queue in option in particular is often helpful for these sorts of cases. You can learn more using Delay actions in Zaps here: Add delays to Zaps

If you give that a try and run into any trouble, do let me know - happy to assist further! 

Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad I could help, @fiscozen! 🤗

Do get in touch if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can help with. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡