Question

Use Zapier to update monday.com item when a JotForm is re-submitted

• 31 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I did some researches and many people said it is possible. However when I looked into the zap that with a new submission in JotForm, then Change Multiple Columns Value in monday.com; I have a question and can’t seem to get to the bottom of it - How is the zap going to differentiate a “JotForm New Submission” is a new submission, or a resubmission after the data is updated? 

I was trying to achieve the latter. In the JotForm approval flow, when the outcome is “Need more info”, we send a link to the requester and ask them to update their submission; with the resubmission we’d like to item values be updated in monday.com too. Thank you for the insights. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @xkammiex 

Good question.

You’ll have to test to determine which data points are provided to the Zap trigger from Jotform.

If the Submission ID is the same, then that can be used as a unique ID to store and lookup on the Monday Item.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @xkammiex. Welcome to the Community!

How are you getting on with this. Were you able to get this figured out following Tory’s suggestion here?

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please do let us know if you’re still getting stuck at all! 🙂