Best answer

Use Looping to Create ClickUp Subtasks

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am trying to use Looping by Zapier to create several ClickUp subtasks based on a Jotform submission field. When I try Zapier only creates one subtask with all of the iterations from the loop.

Here is a rundown of what I am trying to do:

• When a new Jotform submission comes in trigger the Zap
  • The Zap then looks for a task in ClickUp using the “Find by Custom Field” prompt using info from a Jotform field
  • Then I have a loop start to loop through all the inputs of a Jotform checklist field that is a list of employee names
    • The info from Jotform comes in as Name 1; Name 2; Name 3; …. etc.
  • I want to create a subtask with each of those names to be the name of the subtask under the parent task found in the previous step
  • I have the Looping step set to “Create Loop from Text” with the delimiter being ;
  • When I test it seems to pull the info correctly. i.e. each name is a separate output
  • However, when it runs after publishing the Zap it is creating one subtask with all the names in one subtask
    • i.e. the name of the subtask is Name 1 Name 2 Name 3
    • instead I would like 3 subtasks with each of those names

Could someone advise what I may be doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 6 April 2023, 22:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cpzap 

Good question.

Posting screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the DATA IN/OUT from the Zap steps for the Zap Run will help us have enough context.

Looping help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone I think these are the screenshots you requested. This look right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cpzap 

The DATA IN for the Looping step shows the Approver values as separated on their own lines, not using the ; delimiter you have the Looping step configuration, which likely explains the behavior and results you are experiencing.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Copy. I changed the delimiter to [:newline:] and that did the trick! Thank you for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Awesome! Stoked to hear you were able to get that sorted. Thanks for letting us know!