Best answer

Uploading Selected Attachment from a Manually Newly Labeled Email to Google Drive

• 15 September 2022
  • 4 replies

How do I make a zap wherein when I label an email, it will upload to google drive only the pdf or the file I need attached within the email?

I already tried using the New Attachment in Gmail and the New Labeled Email trigger but:

New Attachment in Gmail - Zap won’t work after labeling my email even if I indicated the label name in “Label/Mailbox” under “Set up trigger”

New Labeled Email - Zap works but it uploads a zip file including files I do not need in google drive

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 17 September 2022, 01:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Dani W!

It’s interesting you say the New Attachment trigger won’t work. When I tested it in a Zap it detected an email with the label I selected, and I was able to add something to the search to make it only trigger if the file extension is PDF:

How long after receiving the email did you add the label, out of curiosity? 

And does it work when testing but NOT when the Zap is turned on? Or have you not managed to get it to work when testing your trigger step?

Hi @nicksimard!

It is dated August 18. Does the zap not work for old emails? Is there a limit of X days for the Zap to be able to upload a file from an email before it doesn’t upload?

And yes, all my tests work and I’ve already turned it on. It just doesn’t upload the files after I’ve labeled my emails but maybe because the emalis forwarded to me are almost a month old? Does it work for new emails only?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Dani W!

For New Labeled Email, there shouldn’t be a limit to the “lookback period”. But the New Attachment trigger is one hour, I believe. Meaning that if you’re limiting it to a specific label (as I showed in my screenshot) your best bet would to create a Gmail filter that can automatically add the label. Not sure if that’s option for your particular use case?

Hello @nicksimard 

Got it. Thank you for your help! I will try these out. Thank you very much :)