Best answer

Upload attachments from Gmail to Dropbox

• 9 July 2020
  • 3 replies

i tried to upload attachments such as xlxs,pdf from gmail to dropbox.

but, only txt file was uploaded.

Does anyone have a suggestion for that?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 20 July 2020, 15:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello, my name is Justin and I write for the Zapier blog. Nice to meet you! 

I’ve seen this problem before! Could I ask what the text documents look like? Do they have the name of the files you’re trying to sync over? What happens when you try to open them? 

My guess is that there’s something off in the “Specify File Name” in the second step of your Zap. Can you confirm it’s mapped to the name of the file? If not it might be defaulting to creating weird text documents instead of uploading the file. Take a look and let me know, okay? Ideally this should be mapped to the name of your file. 

I am having the exact same problem.   I am trying to transfer a file from OneDrive to Box based on thee excel file getting updated.  No matter what settings I change, a .txt file is alwayz created.

Was this ever resoloveed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MattR ,

I see you have been working with Support on this and the File (Exists but not shown) value is the actual file object so in your instance, the .xls file.

It sounds like by remapping the actual file itself  File (Exists but not shown) vs File System Info Last modified date time into the File field, you were able to get this Zap up and running. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions! If you’re looking for more guidance uploading attachments, check out this article: