Best answer

Updating an Item in Notion seems to ignore the 'content' field

Userlevel 1

I have a zap that is updating a Notion item. all of the fields update correctly, except the bottom ‘content’ field is never updated. The footnote mentions “Optionally append some text to the database item” which suggests any content in that box will be appending to the page content of the Notion item, but I’m not seeing that behavior. The page content is entirely unchanged, even though all of the other fields are properly updated.

Is this a known issue? Is there something else that needs to be done to append data to a Notion item’s content?

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 July 2021, 15:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @adam.wulf! :)

I’m so sorry your Zap isn’t updating items in Notion as expected. I’ve done some digging on this and you’re quite right! It seems that there is a known issue with the Notion integration where the Update Database Item action is not updating the content field.

I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we’ll be able to send you an email once it’s fixed. We’ll also post an update this thread once the issue has been resolved. 

I just ran into the same issue and am glad to find that I am not the only one seeing this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Chris S., welcome to the Community! :)

I’m so sorry you’re running into the same issue here. I’ve added you to the list of affected users too. I don’t have an ETA on when this will be fixed but we’ll be sure to let you know by email as soon as it is!

Hi @SamB, can you please add me to the list as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @baruch_pi! :)

I’ve added you to the list of affected users as well. We’ll notify you by email as soon as it’s resolved. 

Hi, ran into this issue as well. Could you add me to the list of users to be notified when this if fixed? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome, @go528! :)

You’ve been added to the list of affected users now. We’ll be sure to email you once this issue has been fixed.

Hi @SamB, any update on a fix for this issue? :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @juen! While we don’t have any updates to share at the moment, I can see you’ve been added to the impacted users list. Feel free to follow along on this thread though! We’ll be sure to keep you and it updated as soon as we know more.

Same question.

Has anyone figured out a fix? Can I append content to the end of my notion database cards as advertised?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @mclaubach, welcome to the Community! :)

I’ve just checked on the bug report that was discussed in the other thread and I’m sorry to report that it’s still open. I’ve added you as an affected user. I don’t have an estimate on when it will be fixed or a workaround to suggest, but we will definitely email you as soon as i’s resolved. 

thanks Sam

Userlevel 1

Please add me as an effected user as well… Tried this today and it did not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @zappyzapman! I’ve added you to the list of affected users too. We’ll be in touch by email once it’s been sorted. :) 

Same here, please add us as well :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @Redfin Solutions! You’ve been added as an affected user. We’ll be sure to email and update the thread once a fix is in place. 🙂

Could I please be added to the list in order to be updated on this? Thank you!

Please add me to this list also. Thx

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @e.c.bongertman  and @Arxitekt 

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

+1 please

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @mjb 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I also am facing the same problem. My Zapier is not getting triggered whenever I add a new item to my Notion Database. Is there some other way I can get around this problem?