Question

Updates to Storage by Zapier Delayed

• 8 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a zap that helps with assigning items round robin to multiple people that makes use of Zapier’s Storage utility to get a value that determines how to route the record that triggers the zap run. We have noticed that some times when the zap is triggered multiple times close together the routing breaks down and will send multiple records to the same person. I have attached a few screen grabs that were from two sequential runs of the zap. One shows the storage variable being incremented and the other shows the latter zap pulling the value of the variable from Zapier storage with a later time stamp but retrieving the value of the variable before it was incremented. It almost seems as if there is some delay in actually updating the storage value. I am wondering if this is a known limitation of Storage by Zapier or if anyone else has noticed a similar issue.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Scott Brown 

Good question.

Some Zap action data can be cached, which would result in the experienced behavior.

You may want to open a ticket with Zapier Support to get official word: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Scott Brown,

We have a few past reports of customers running into this. I'm sorry you’re running into it.

A potential workaround that has worked for some users is to call the storage API directly using a Webhooks by Zapier step and making a GET request to: https://store.zapier.com/.

Normally I’d ask you to try that and report back if it fixes the bug. However, since this is an intermittent bug, you might not be able to tell quickly if it fixes the problem. But, I still suggest you try this...if the problem recurs after the fix, definitely let us know and we’ll be happy to take a closer look!

In addition, I’ve added your email to the internal bug report. This is the quickest way to stay in the loop as we’ll send you an email if it gets addressed.

Let me know if you have any more questions.