Best answer

Updated Salesforce Opportunities not triggering Zap

• 17 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

I have a Zap set up that creates a new google folder and copies some templates over to the new folder based of a Trigger of when an opportunity stage gets updated to Closed Won… it seems like it its working but as i was testing it I changed the stage back to proposal and then closed Won it again to make sure it is working correctly and now it won’t run at all… Is there any time delay on running the same salesforce trigger on the same account like that? Or am I missing something else?

Woozie

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 April 2023, 17:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Woozie83! 👋

Not sure if you’re using the Updated Record or Updated Field on Record Salesforce trigger, but both of those are polling triggers. So depending on which Zapier plan you have there may be a delay in the Zap checking for new updates. You can find out more about this here: Polling triggers

That said, has the Zap been able to trigger on other opportunities? If so, it could be that the Zap had already “seen” that opportunity with a status of “Closed Won” before, so when it was changed back to that opportunity stage again it didn’t consider it to be a new update so it ignored it. Do you think that could be the case here, or is it not triggering for any other updated opportunities either?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Woozie83  😆 -

Were these changes made while the Zap was on and published or while you were setting it up? Here’s a helpful link to the trigger and actions for Salesforce. It does appear that at least one of the triggers runs on a 15 minute schedule. Are you using the Update Field on Record trigger? 

Userlevel 3

Awesome thanks for the responses… good to know about the polling times… My Zap is working fine on other opportunities so looks like:

“If so, it could be that the Zap had already “seen” that opportunity with a status of “Closed Won” before, so when it was changed back to that opportunity stage again it didn’t consider it to be a new update so it ignored it.”

Is my answer… in this case this works perfect for me since I only need it to fire on that initial Closed Won

Thanks for the Help!!!

Woozie