Best answer

Update Existing Values in Monday

• 14 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve been trying to do this for 4 hours straight. Can’t seem to do it. 

I had a previous zap. Coming from gohighlevel. It creates the lead with all the information accept the email.

The email is retrieved from the customer at a later time during the sales process. 

Objective : From a web hook linked to my GoHighLevel, find item in monday & update/fill the email address column. 

It is not updating the email for some reason, only when I do the test. It updates, but not automatically. 

I have the phone number being searched. 

I’ve probably read at least 50 other posts. Have no idea what the problem is at this point.

Webhook

Process
Item ID
Change Column
icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 May 2023, 16:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ali3332 

Good question.

The Monday Item ID is static, which means it will always update the same Item.

You need to map the Item ID from a previous Zap step to make the Zap dynamic.

With your Zap ON, do a test, then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Ali3332 

Good question.

With your Zap ON, do a test, then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Can you expand on the sentence you said “map the item ID from a previous zap step to make the zap dynamic”? I’m looking at the history on the zap. Still a little bit confused to be honest with you.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Ali3332 

Good question.

Can you expand on the sentence you said “map the item ID from a previous zap step to make the zap dynamic”? I’m looking at the history on the zap. Still a little bit confused to be honest with you.

So are you talking about put the item ID from zap 1 that actually created the item. Into the ITEM id on zap #2. The screenshot that you sent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ali3332 

You need to map the Item ID from Step 2 to Step 3.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone I could be mistaken. But I do not see an area to map the item ID on step two? Only a place to search for a column. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ali3332

You need to map the Item ID from Step 2 to Step 3.

When an Item is found in Step 2 it returns and Item ID.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Gotcha, didn’t even notice that. That was the solution. Thank you