Question

Update a Status Column Value in Monday.com

• 17 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to update a status colum from “working on it” to “done” when an email is given a certain label in Gmail, but I’m not seeing an option for Update a Status Column Value under the action setup for Monday.com

Am I missing that, or is that function under another action option?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jmhgraphics 

Good question.

Try this Zap action: Monday - Change Multiple Columns Value

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @jmhgraphics, welcome to the Community! 🙂

Looks like Troy’s suggestion to use the Change Multiple Columns Value should give you access to update the Status to Done:
6356dd52299a18338ffc524ab552f691.png

Want to try that action out and let us know if you run into any issues on that?

Userlevel 1

Currently, this is the setup:

My accounting program emails Gmail when a ticket it changed to a specific status IN THAT PROGRAM.

In the subject field, I’m inserting the specific ticket number.

Once the email arrives in Gmail and is filtered, I want Zapier to tell Monday.com to find the specific line/item on the board that corresponds with that number from the email subject, and then change a status value from there on that particular line ID.

Essentially, I’m trying to replicate status changes from our ticketing software to Monday.com, but the API from our ticketing software doesn’t go deep enough for me to be able to pull that specific action over, so I’m having to go through Gmail to create the trigger.

See below:

Attempt - And I have tried to insert various identifiers into the subject line to try to get it to find the ID

Result:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jmhgraphics 

You’ll have to add this as Step 2 in the Zap: Monday - Get Item by Column Value

Then you can map the returned Item ID to Step 3 to update the Item.

Userlevel 1

My apologies, I think I am missing something on this one.

Is it possible to spell the process out step by step? I’m not seeing how the Get Item by Column Value is giving me usable results to then adjust a specific status (column) on a specific item line. See below:

Pulling new Gmail trigger in, and then added the 2nd step as suggested:

Execution of step: 

Result: 

Your help is greatly appreciated, I’m sure I’m missing something very simple here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jmhgraphics 

Try removing this selected column.

Take note of the field description.

Also make sure there is an Item on the Monday Board that has EXACTLY this value.

Otherwise, you can use a Formatter step to manipulate the value. (e.g. remove “Quote ”)

Userlevel 1

All worked as you suggested, thank you very much for your assistance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know @jmhgraphics. So pleased Troy was able to help you get this solved! 😁🎉