Best answer

"Unknown option retryWrites" when testing creating document in MongoDB

• 25 April 2022
  • 4 replies

When trying to test creating a MongoDB document I get the following error: Unknown option retryWrites.

Does anyone know why this is the case or what the solution is?

I’m allowing all IPs access to the database. For the setting up stage I’m not sure if I setup the Host correctly. For this I entered the name of one of my shards.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 29 April 2022, 23:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @JamesCC! I know MongoDB can be a bit rough to set up, so let’s start by making sure that’s all good (especially since you mentioned you weren’t sure). There’s a good quick start guide with an excellent screenshot here: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-mongodb

As for the error you’re seeing, looks like error message is the result of the operation failing (but the question is why), but MongoDB letting it try one more time. Do you know what version of MongoDB you’re using?

Hi Jilian,

I’m using MongoDB version 5.0.8. 

I’ve tried everything mentioned in the quick start guide.

Regards,

James

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks for checking all that @JamesCC.

I think the next best step would be to have you contact our customer support team. I’d like them to take a look at your setup and Zap and see what’s going on. This isn’t something we can do on the community out of concerns for privacy, but our customer champions totally can. To kick this off, head on over to https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! 👋 I wanted to pop in and update the thread with some context from the support ticket! 

Unfortunately, it looks like the integration can only support older versions. I was able to find a bug report related to not being able to support newer versions and have added you as an affected user to that report.

We’ll email the OP if and when this gets implemented.

If you’d like to follow along, we’ll be posting any updates in this thread: