Best answer

Unexpected increase in task usage // ActiveCampaign Trigger Bug?

• 7 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced a massive and unexpected spike in task usage unexpectedly and had any guidance on what to do? For some context:

Two Zaps that use an ActiveCampaign ‘deal created or updated’ trigger have gone from 20 - 30 tasks / day to using over 2000. It seems like there’s a bug or maybe a change to the trigger? As you can see in the screenshot, these zaps have been running for a month now with no issues and then boom!

I’ve contacted support to look into it but have some other key business processes built using Zapier. My first thought would be to upgrade my limit for a month and turn off the offending zaps until support comes back to me. However, I am hesitant to just upgrade my limit and as there are a few thousand tasks that are sitting as held until from this same error that I fear will just immediately eat up all of the usage space.

My guess is to just hold tight until support can work through this, but just wanted to see if anyone in the community had experienced something similar? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Louis

icon

Best answer by ken.a 7 June 2023, 04:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Wrappr 

Good question.

That can happen when bulk changes are made in the trigger app.

Was there any recent bulk changes made in AC?

Since Contacts are linked to Deals, changes to Contacts could cause Deals to be “updated”.

Zapier has built in rate limiting, throttling, and flood protection if something causes a Zap trigger to fire in bulk at the same time.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496181445261#flood-protection-and-held-items-0-2

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Wrappr,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the Zap issue. After doing some digging, it appears that there is a known bug affecting different ActiveCampaign triggers, such as "New Campaign Unsubscribe," "New Deal Added or Updated," and "New Contact Added to List." Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with ActiveCampaign on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Regarding your concern about Tasks, I recommend waiting for a response from our Support team. They will be able to assist you in resolving the affected tasks.

Thank you for your understanding!

Hi Ken,

I know this is an older thread but has also been affecting me for about the same time, ours ramped during August and had no idea why until reading this thread just now. I’ve lodged a support ticket through the website and even the team was a tad perplexed. Do I need to do anything extra to also be on the list to get this fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Jake McKeown,

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. While we can’t provide an exact timeframe for the bug’s fix. We will let you know via email once it is.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.