Question

Unable to upload to the correct client folder after creating a new record in Airtable

• 21 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! 

I am using this sequence: 

But even do its working, files are not uploaded in the right client folder. I mean, the new record already triggered a new folder but then it uploads the pdf outside the folder already created. Can someone help me?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @michellebern,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of the “Action” section of your Google Drive steps? Here’s a screenshot of what I’m after:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Hi, sure, here it is: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @michellebern, thanks for sharing that helpful screenshot here. 🙂

It looks like the Documentos Clientes / Finanzas - Comercial folder has been selected in the Zap. If you want the Zap to upload the the file into the folder that is found by the previous action step (Find a Folder), in the Folder field you’d need to select the Custom value option, and then choose the ID field from the previous action.

For example:
aaeb287c5254b3127ef88379933562b3.png
That will allow the Zap to use the folder’s ID to reference the correct folder to upload the file to.

Can you give that a try and let us know how you get on?