Best answer

Unable to set custom fields in Zoho CRM

Zap, which I have been using for two years, suddenly started giving errors.

The contents of the zap are as follows.

①Get the email text using zapier email parser.

②Create a new lead in Zoho CRM based on the retrieved information.

I checked the Zap history and found this error.

「Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'length')」

When you enter the Zap edit screen, the custom field item disappears, causing an error like this.

「Heads up! We noticed some extra fields in your Zap that don't seem to be used. This could be caused by changing custom fields or temporary outages. You can clear them out if you suspect they are causing problems!」

Is the custom field setting in Zoho CRM gone? Also, if there is an error, how can I resolve it?

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 March 2024, 10:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @nakamura 

In the Zap step, try clicking the button [Refresh Fields]

In Zoho CRM did you change the Layout fields?

Hello @Troy Tessalone

In the Zap step, try clicking the button [Refresh Fields]

→Nothing special happens when I press [Refresh Fields].

In Zoho CRM did you change the Layout fields?

→No particular changes have been made.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nakamura 

Can you post screenshots from your Zoho CRM > Settings > Modules & Fields?

Showing the Layout “Standard” that has these fields.

@Troy Tessalone 

This is the Zoho settings screen.

Is there any other information you need?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nakamura 

Check your Zoho CRM Zap app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

@Troy Tessalone

The connection looks like this.
Even if I create a new connection and connect, it's still the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nakamura 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for assistance troubleshooting more: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@Troy Tessalone 

Understood. I'll check it directly.
thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @nakamura,

It looks like your ticket with our Support Team received a response today. I’d recommend continuing the conversation with our Support Team via email since they have the correct tools to look closer at the Zap and its logs and determine the cause of the issue here.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

We are also experiencing the same issue - all Facebook Lead Ads to Zoho CRM zaps are not working with “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'length')” error on all runs. No changes have been made to any of the Zaps.

I've re-authenticated both Facebook and Zoho CRM integrations, and refreshed the fields, but they are not showing when trying to map the fields. I’ve tried creating a new Zap with the same steps but getting the same error.

Opened a support ticket over 24 hours ago and still not received any repies. Can anyone please help? @ken.a 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @citadelcapitalnz,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue, and I would love to assist you; however, this particular matter will require the attention of our Support Team. They have the necessary tools to examine the Zap and its logs closely.

Please be aware that our Support Team is currently receiving a higher volume of queries than usual. Therefore, their response time may be longer than expected.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

​Hi ​​@ken.a. Similar issue on my end. Any update regarding this issue and it’s resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 1

I’ve received the following reply from support confirming this is a bug being investigated, no ETA.

I've been checking this and it looks like the error is being caused by a bug with the Zoho CRM integration. Other users have reported it as well, so we opened a bug report with the team in charge so that they can investigate, and I submitted your email as an affected user.

For reference, I don’t have an ETA on how long it usually takes to fix bugs because there are multiple variables at play, most of them outside of our control. However, we have automated checks in place whenever a reported bug gets a follow-up from the respective developer or developer team, so we should be able to let you know once this issue has been resolved.

While a workaround isn't available at the moment, you'll be one of the first to know via email when there's a resolution.

I’ve received the following reply from support confirming this is a bug being investigated, no ETA.

I've been checking this and it looks like the error is being caused by a bug with the Zoho CRM integration. Other users have reported it as well, so we opened a bug report with the team in charge so that they can investigate, and I submitted your email as an affected user.

For reference, I don’t have an ETA on how long it usually takes to fix bugs because there are multiple variables at play, most of them outside of our control. However, we have automated checks in place whenever a reported bug gets a follow-up from the respective developer or developer team, so we should be able to let you know once this issue has been resolved.

While a workaround isn't available at the moment, you'll be one of the first to know via email when there's a resolution.

Thanks for this one @citadelcapitalnz . Would really like to get this fixed as it’s greatly affecting our daily operations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @John Everick Catayas,

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

I have the exactly same issue here. I would greatly appreciate if you could notice me too with this matter. 

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 1

I am facing the same problem. Please let me know if you solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Asako and @takuya,

I have added you as another affected members to the open bug report. We will keep you update once the bug has been fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

I have good news - Zoho’s developers have recently released a fix for this issue! 🎉 

For any runs of your Zaps that failed due to this issue it should now be possible to relay them successfully. See our Replay failed Zap runs guide for more details on how to do that. That said, if you’re still running into issues do let us know in the Community or get in touch with Support

In the meantime, happy Zapping! 😁⚡