Best answer

Unable to select Airtable lookup field for Stripe payment

• 13 October 2023
  • 10 replies

I am creating a zap to add/update a customer in airtable when a stripe payment is received.

I am unable to select the “lookup field” for my airtable. It lists literally every other field in the table but the email which is the unique identifier. I have tried refreshing and starting again to no avail. Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 13 October 2023, 11:13

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @KitchenKatie 

Good question.

Airtable only returns fields that have data, so make sure to test with a record that has data for the desired field.

Hi @KitchenKatie 

Good question.

Airtable only returns fields that have data, so make sure to test with a record that has data for the desired field.

This is not the problem.

I have now updated the Zap to include a search step and this has resolved the email issue.

I still have a problem however. One of the fields I wish to update for existing users (prior to the stripe payment) is not updating. I had originally defined this field as a multi select field in airtable but that didn’t work.

So i deleted that field and created it as a short text field and then re-mapped everything in the zap. It still isn’t working!

Any trouble shooting tips?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KitchenKatie 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have context along with screenshots of those fields in Airtable.

@KitchenKatie

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have context along with screenshots of those fields in Airtable.

I have been sending these to zapier but there support is >24 hours for a reply!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KitchenKatie 

Can you post them here?

Here are the basics

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @KitchenKatie,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Looking at the screenshot, it looks like the issue here is the mapped data on the “Record” field on the “Update Record” step.

fa21eac2d107ab1e8ba59119ad13dd78.png
(view larger)

The “Record” field looks for the Record ID. I’d suggest remapping that field with the Record ID from the “Find Record” step. The Record ID should look like this:

12f01af138a78a855a961041632de0fb.png
(view larger)

After that, you can map the email address data to the “Email” field on your “Update Record” step.

Could you please give that a try, and let us know how it goes! 😊

Hi @KitchenKatie,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Looking at the screenshot, it looks like the issue here is the mapped data on the “Record” field on the “Update Record” step.

fa21eac2d107ab1e8ba59119ad13dd78.png
(view larger)

The “Record” field looks for the Record ID. I’d suggest remapping that field with the Record ID from the “Find Record” step. The Record ID should look like this:

12f01af138a78a855a961041632de0fb.png
(view larger)

After that, you can map the email address data to the “Email” field on your “Update Record” step.

Could you please give that a try, and let us know how it goes! 😊

Thanks Ken.a - this has worked! In my mind, because we were searching for email from step 1 that was the unique identifier.

Thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @KitchenKatie,

You are most welcome @KitchenKatie! Glad to know Troy and I was able to help you out!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗