Question

Unable to retrieve Gmail draft body for automated email process

• 29 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on an automated email process, and I would like to generate a Gmail draft and then export that draft into the 'Draft' field in a Zapier table.

I will have team members review the draft, and upon their approval by clicking the 'Approve' button in the table, I will proceed to send the draft.

However, I am unable to retrieve the body of the Gmail draft (as shown in the image).

Is there any way for me to access the draft's content?

As a side note, please inform me if Zapier Mail can also generate drafts.

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @awoo_BD 

No image was attached.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Sorry, Image is here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@awoo_BD 

You would need to copy the Email Body you have configured in the Gmail step (Action section) and use that same info in the Zapier Tables step to update the record.

@Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for your response.

I understand your point, and indeed, you can use this method to update the draft in the Zapier table. However, if the person reviewing the draft in the Zapier table needs to make corrections and makes those corrections directly in the table, I would like them to be able to update the draft in Gmail (if there's a simpler way to do this without using Gmail, please let me know).

Then, they can proceed with the confirmation for sending afterward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@awoo_BD 

If the user will be updating the records in the Zapier Table, then you would need a different Zap triggered by one of these Zapier Table Zap app triggers:

@Troy Tessalone 

But I can’t use Zap triggered in Zap action step, rigth?

Might be set up another Zap to update the draft?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@awoo_BD 

Zap triggers can be used in Step 1 of Zaps.

Zap actions can be used in Steps 2+ of Zaps.