Skip to main content
Question

Unable to Pull Rows from Excel Worksheet error in my new Zap.

• 16 May 2024
  • 4 replies

i have alreay have zaps running with a new row in excel

I have already 6 zaps running

Now i want a new one from the same sheet but a different worksheet en he gives me this:

Unable to pull rows

Please reload the page. If the issue persists, troubleshoot error or contact Support.

Error code: Error while retrieving: Data must start in the top left most position - no blank rows up top or blank columns on the left

data starts in de top left so i don’t know what the problem is

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @karolien ,

Can you share a screenshot of first 3 rows of your Google Sheet? 

@jayeshkumarbhatia 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @karolien 👋

I just came across your post here and spotted that you also reached out to our Support team who responded with some suggestions on how to resolved the issue. There was no reply to their email so I’m not sure whether you saw it? 

I’ll share the suggestions from the Support team here in case it’s helpful to you or anyone else that might be running into the same error:

From what you've mentioned, you're experiencing an issue with pulling rows and seeing an error message stating, "Data must start in the top left most position - no blank rows up top or blank columns on the left".

This error typically means that your data source (like a Google Sheet or Excel file) needs to start from the top left corner, with no blank rows or blank columns at the beginning.

Here are some steps to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Check your data source and ensure there are no blank rows or columns in the beginning.
2. Try reloading the page.
3. If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of your data source layout and the error message you're seeing.

Hope that helps. If you run into any issues or have any further questions at all just let us know! 🙂