Best answer

Unable to pull records in Firestore: Error code: Error while retrieving: Error code 400

• 11 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey Everyone, I created this question because I could not find an existing post and thought there must be others running into this same issue or others that have run into it in the past. Thanks for your help!

High Level Goal:

Listen for new updates to a Firestore Collection, extract the email, add to a mailchimp list. 

Problem:

Using the below query, I receive an error that certain filters are not supported in Firestore v1beta1. It says to upgrade to v1. 

What I need help with:

I know that I have to somehow upgrade to use Firestore v1, however, I cannot for the life of me figure out where to do this. My best guess is that v1beta1 is the internal Zap endpoint being used and I’ll likely just have to wait until they update Firebase to use the latest version.

Details on my Zap

Query

"where": {
"fieldFilter": {
"field": {
"fieldPath": "email"
},
"op": "NOT_IN",
"value": {
"stringValue": ""
}
}
},
"orderBy": [{
"field": {
"fieldPath": "followedUp?"
},
"direction": "DESCENDING"
}]

Error received when testing

Unable to pull records
Please reload the page. If the issue persists, troubleshoot error or contact Support.
Error code: Error while retrieving: Error code 400:
[{
"error": {
"code": 400,
"message": "'NOT_IN' filters are not supported in Firestore v1beta1, please upgrade to v1.",
"status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT"
}
}]

Thank you,
Richard

icon

Best answer by ken.a 12 October 2023, 08:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ai_richard,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I apologize for the troubles with the Zap.

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the Firebase / Firestore app sends requests using the v1Beta1 version so this is something we'll need to update on our side.

I have added you to the open feature request for the Firebase / Firestore app to use v1 API not v1Beta1. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.