Question

Unable to pull correct project status when triggering New Project as Job in Dubsado.

• 22 June 2023
  • 1 reply

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I'm trying to create a Zap that will automatically create a new Google folder for your web build projects when the project status changes to website build. However, I'm facing an issue where the project statuses are not being pulled correctly. I think this might be an issue with your Zapier and Dubsado connection. Zapier is not pulling through the correct statuses when trying to connect to Dubsado. Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ingvildkolnes, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Ah, it looks like the New Project as Job (Dubsado) trigger doesn’t have any options to allow you to select the specific project status to trigger on. From the video it sounds like you’re wanting to trigger the Zap when a project status changes so I’d suggest switching the Zap to use the Project Status Updated (Dubsado) trigger instead. Unfortunately that trigger doesn’t have an option to only trigger when a project’s status is changed to a specific value either.

I can’t see any existing feature requests open for the ability to select a project status, so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to request that they open up one for that on your behalf.

In the meantime, it looks like the Current Status is sent over from Dubsado when using the Project Status Updated (Dubsado) trigger so you could add a Filter by Zapier action to the Zap to check if the value in the Current Status field contains a specific project status, like “Website build”. That would allow you to ensure that the Zap only creates the Google Folder if the project status was changed to Website build.

The thing with adding a filter to the Zap is that it would could the Zap to become a Multi-step Zap which is a feature that’s only available to paid plans. So if you’re on a Free plan this might not be a viable solution. If you’d like to learn more about how to set up the filter I’d recommend checking out this guide: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

Hope that helps. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on, happy to assist further! 🙂