Best answer

Unable to load accounts in Xero when using the Create Bank Transaction action.

• 3 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey, after some help creating a zap for creating a bank transaction in Xero. All required fields have been completed other than the account. There is nothing available under the organisation selected, however in Xero there is a number of accounts available. Why can’t zapier see these?

The same is true if I attempt to make a transfer too. It just doesn’t seem to have a view of accounts

icon

Best answer by ken.a 4 October 2023, 07:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Basingstoke East Scouts,

After doing some digging into this, it looks like you are running into a bug I'm afraid! We have notified the Xero team and are currently working with them to resolve the issue now. I have added your name and email to a list of affected users to follow up with when the bug is resolved.

This is caused by the Xero integration requiring an account code for bank accounts that have auto-feed set up, but Xero itself doesn't require an account code when setting those accounts up. Once you put in an accounting code for the bank account in Xero and refresh the Xero account connection with Zapier, the accounts will load in the editor.

To get you up and runing again, add a Code to each Bank account. You can do this within your Xero account by going to ”Advanced > Charge of Accounts”. Once each Bank Account has a code, it will appear in the dropdown.

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

That has fixed the issue. Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome! I’m glad I was able to help you out!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Userlevel 1

@ken.a You are a lifesaver, thank you so much for this insight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @EllanyLea! Glad to hear you are able to find this helpful!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Hey guys I’m having the same issue 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Ash Resuggan,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried implementing my suggestion here:

After doing some digging into this, it looks like you are running into a bug I'm afraid! We have notified the Xero team and are currently working with them to resolve the issue now. I have added your name and email to a list of affected users to follow up with when the bug is resolved.

This is caused by the Xero integration requiring an account code for bank accounts that have auto-feed set up, but Xero itself doesn't require an account code when setting those accounts up. Once you put in an accounting code for the bank account in Xero and refresh the Xero account connection with Zapier, the accounts will load in the editor.

To get you up and runing again, add a Code to each Bank account. You can do this within your Xero account by going to ”Advanced > Charge of Accounts”. Once each Bank Account has a code, it will appear in the dropdown.

Hopefully, this helps.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!