Question

Unable to link Airtable with Discord!

• 28 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello Community, happy holidays! 

I wanted to ask you all for a quick support. 

I wanted my Zap to assign a role to a new discord user, when they fill out a form on Airtable. I have linked both my accounts, however, I’m unable to proceed through this section, as the username field is taking the Airtable ID, and not the column that has the Discord username. Could someone help? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Mohini Kumar - thank you for coming by our Community! 

I would try clicking in that field where you see “ID” - and scroll over to where it says “show all options” and you can select the column that has the Discord user name, it should look something like this: 

Let me know if that works!

Thank you for the quick response, I’m unable to see this option. Anything that you could identify as an error in this case? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Mohini Kumar - can you send us a printscreen (with any personal info blurred) of what you see when you click in “username” field? That may help us triage what we are looking at! 

Thanks,

Rachael

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Mohini Kumar just checking in here! Are you collecting the Discord username within Airtable? That is the field you will need to use in the username field of your Discord action. Let us know!