Question

Unable to Limit Slack-Jira Automation to Primary Issue in a Thread

• 23 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi, I have tried the slack-Jira automation that will automatically allow an issue reported on a slack channel to be added to the Jira board, but it keeps adding every single issue in the thread to Jira, What can I do to make it add only the primary and first issue escalated on the channel.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Anita_dominic 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context.

Hello, please see attached 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anita_dominic 

We would need to see screenshots with how each Zap step is configured in the Zap EDIT mode.

Hello, please explain further. This was integrated by my product manager and I’d need to explain in clear terms. Can you share a sample Of what you’re expecting to see to reduce the back and forth when requesting the required information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anita_dominic 

We need to see screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured in the Zap EDIT mode so we can see what fields have which values/variables set.

Does this suffice?

Hello @Troy Tessalone Apologies for the delayed response.
Please find the Zap configuration as requested. I’m available to get on a call to resolve this ASAP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anita_dominic 

We need to see screenshots with how each Zap step is configured, not just the order of the Zap steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anita_dominic 

If you need help, considering hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts