Best answer

Unable to find Trello card by name

• 16 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I wrote a search step in my Zap to search the Trallo card by name, I passed name dynamically which I am getting from my other action step. It is unable to find the card on the board, however if I pass static name, it  search the card properly.

I verified the name which I am sending dynamically but it is also correct. I verified the spaces and formatting, everything is identical. Not sure why it is not able to find the card.

Here is the mapping of name I am passing for the card name.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Danvers 16 November 2022, 15:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @brilliantpromoter, welcome to the Community!

Hmm, that’s a tricky one. I’d expect that the dynamics values would work in the same way that the static ones would. Could I ask you to double-check everything in the field including:

The capitalization of information from the previous steps

Punctation from the info in previous steps

Punctuation in the field (eg the commas that are typed between the fields) don’t forget to check the spaces between each of the fields that you’re adding too. 

That the test information in the Zap matches a card that exists in Trello

If you check all of those and are still having trouble then the best thing to do is to contact the Zapier support team using the Get Help form. They can take a closer look at your Zap with to hopefully get to the bottom of things. 

Thanks!

Hi @brilliantpromoter, welcome to the Community!

Hmm, that’s a tricky one. I’d expect that the dynamics values would work in the same way that the static ones would. Could I ask you to double-check everything in the field including:

Punctuation in the field (eg the commas that are typed between the fields) don’t forget to check the spaces between each of the fields that you’re adding too. 

If you check all of those and are still having trouble then the best thing to do is to contact the Zapier support team using the Get Help form. They can take a closer look at your Zap with to hopefully get to the bottom of things. 

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks Danvers,

Yes I compared each and ever spaces and formatting but it won’t work.Thanks for letting me know about the Zapier support. I will ask them for help.