Question

Unable to find a new file in a folder on Google Drive.

• 17 August 2023
  • 12 replies

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Exodi 

Good question.

Did you review the available help articles for using GDrive in Zaps?

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495965264397-Common-Problems-with-Google-Drive#01H7Z2DX5MQ9FK3WREP6N7PZVV

@Troy Tessalone According to the article there shouldn’t be any problems with my file since I uploaded it few minutes ago to my gdrive I have tried uploading different files [all of them are mp4s] and refreshing and trying again but nothing seems to work however when I switch to trigger when updated and change the name of my file it works

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Exodi

Not all my files are triggering my new file in folder Zap.

The New File in Folder trigger has some nuance about what it will trigger on:

Google Files (e.g. Google Doc, Google Sheets etc)

• If a file was created within the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file was modified fewer than 4 days ago and moved to the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file was modified greater than 4 days ago and moved to the folder, the Zap won't trigger
  • If a file was created greater than 4 days ago and modified less than 4 days ago and moved to the folder, the Zap won't trigger

Non-Google files (e.g. pdf or jpg):

• If a file is directly added to the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file is directly added to the folder but was modified/created greater than 4 days ago, the Zap won't trigger
  • If a file is moved to the folder (even if it was added to Google Drive in the last 4 days), the Zap won't trigger

Also, you can't trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the Zap. The connected account must be the owner.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Exodi 

Or you can try this:

1. Use the [Skip Test] button
  2. Configure the remaining Zap steps
  3. Turn the Zap ON.
  4. Add a new GDrive File to the Folder
  5. Check your Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history/
    1. NOTE: The GDrive Zap triggers are scheduled, which means it can take from 1-15 minutes for the Zap to fire, depending on your Zapier plan.

@Troy Tessalone I have tried this been waiting a couple minutes but it doesn’t show up in the history for some reason even though I uploaded a new file  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Exodi 

Which Zapier plan do you have?

@Troy Tessalone I have the free plan just started using it today 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Exodi 

NOTE: The GDrive Zap triggers are scheduled, which means it can take from 1-15 minutes for the Zap to fire, depending on your Zapier plan.

@Troy Tessalone I see but none of my zaps have fired and over 20 min have passed

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Exodi 

Try saving the file to your desktop.

Rename the file.

Upload the file to the folder.

@Troy Tessalone Still does not work for some reason I even tried with different gmail accounts

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Exodi

Perhaps there are permissions/settings on the GDrive that are preventing this.

You can try using a different cloud storage app. (e.g. Dropbox)

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help