Question

Unable to create Frame.io project automatically from Asana project.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey people,
I have the following problem:

I want Frame.io to act automatically with Asana.
I want to set that as soon as a project is created in ASANA, it is also created as a project in Frame.io.

I manage it in the test that he creates a project for me, but unfortunately there is a problem with the project creation as soon as I create a test project in Asana.
Also weird is that I can't choose which it uses the name of the Asana project. Unfortunately, ZAPIER only shows me TeamIDs and existing projects.

By that I mean: I create a project called "Test123" at ASANA and a project called "Test123" is created at Frame.io.

Sorry if I write a little unequivocally, but I hope that you understand what I mean.

If someone can help me, I would definitely be very happy about it!

Best regards,
Dennis from 4R1K

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

50 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Okay, this is what he says:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry but I really dont know what this is 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4R1K 

We’d need to see screenshots with how your Zap step 3 is configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Oh sorry, he are the Screenshots:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can you tell me where I can see what is the Problem? Then I dont have to write everytime and have to annoy you with my Questions. I am a really amateur in ZAPIER and ASANA. Im really sorry… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4R1K 

You have the Frame.io Project ID mapped from Step 1.

You need to map the Asana Project ID from Step 2.

If you want the Task to show up under the new Project, then you need to map the Project ID from step 2.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ahhh oh Meeren… im sorry for this, I thought you mean the Frame ID … Sorry for annoying!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I Have the Next Problem, I thought its easy now to create the Workflow, but it isn't…

I Tried it a few times but Zapier said in the Test that the ID is recognized…

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4R1K 

Are you testing with a valid Asana Project ID (1204904968080882) that is still active. (not deleted)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Of course not. I am an Idiot .. Sorry 🤦
I deleted the Asana projects after each test because I thought I always have to start from the beginning (create project in frame, etc.)
Asana continues to create the first task, unfortunately I don't get any more. Logically, because the project from the ID is no longer there 

How can I fix this now?

So as not to ask about every single step here:
What if I need a new trigger?
Task 1 provides for the recordings to be uploaded, I would like to set the second task AFTER the upload: "Download recordings"

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4R1K 

Try turning the Zap ON and testing LIVE.

Then check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot if there are errors.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have. He creates the project with the first task in ASANA, but not the second task

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is, what the History said. “Not a Recognized ID”

Userlevel 1
Badge

I already switched the ID now but its the Same problem.

Maybe I can take the “new” id from the new created Project? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4R1K 

Zap Runs show step 4.

Previously you only had 3 steps.

We’ll need to see screenshots outlining your Zap steps, along with detailed screenshots for each Zap step.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is the Order from every Steps. Step 3 is the first Task (Aufnahmen Hochladen / Upload Recordings), Step 4 would be Aufnahmen Downloaden / Download Recordings.

It would be the best when I could create a new Trigger, but I can only create Actions. Because of that I would like to fill the Project with all Task for every Employee so we can organize us over Asana then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4R1K 

Please post a detailed screenshot with how your Zap step 4 is configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4R1K 

These are the available Zap triggers for Asana:

Userlevel 1
Badge

These are the configurations for Step 4:

To your other Answer:
Yes, but when I click on “+” under the 4th Step Zapier will Create an Action, not a Trigger. Can I do this in this “continuous” Step or have I to create a complete new ZAP? If so, do Zapier can interact with the other ZAPS?

I Hope you know what I mean.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4R1K 

In step 4, you have the Task ID from Step mapped to the Project.

Instead, you want to map the Project ID from Step 2.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Okay, that worked now for whatever reason.
Can I put a trigger there now? Unfortunately I can't find the function. It just shows me "Actions".

Here you can see: First Step is the Trigger, thereafter only Actions

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would like to take a Trigger in front of Step 4 this said: If someone Uploaded Files → Dennis: Download the Recordings. If this dont work, its no problem, then I would like to edit this step by step! 
Otherwise, doesn't it make more sense to start with an ASANA template?
Would then make the previous steps overdue, but would probably be easier, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4R1K 

Triggers can only be step 1 in a Zap

Userlevel 1
Badge

Okay, is there a possibility that I can do it the way I intend?
Say that I can make a trigger before creating a task?

Or is it easier if I just use a template and then we just focus on ASANA?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4R1K

Triggers are always step 1 in a Zap.

The available Asana Zap triggers/actions can be reviewed here: https://zapier.com/apps/asana/integrations#triggers-and-actions

That will give you a sense of what is possible to configure with Zap steps.