Best answer

Unable to create donation record in NeonOne through Zap triggered by Reach Software.

• 24 October 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I want to create a zap to do the following - 1) Trigger on New Donation in Reach Software, 2. Search on First Name, Last Name, e-mail address in NeonOne, to see if account exists 3. Then copy donation information to NeonOne donation record.  Currently, the account is created, but I cant create the donation record.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 25 October 2023, 00:06

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dstrand 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured along with any encountered errors.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Step 1)

Step 2:

Step 2 Continued:

Step 2 Continued

Step 2 Conitunued:

Step 2 continued:

Step 3:

Step 3 Continued:

Userlevel 1
Badge

The Donation is not created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dstrand 

What is the returned response after testing? (screenshot)

Userlevel 1
Badge

when i tested through each step, it worked as expected.

but last night a donation occurred, the system created a user in NeonOne, but did not create the donation

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can the account number be put into a variable after the search and use it to populate the NeonOne Account to create the Donation Record?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dstrand 

Check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

The error likely indicates no match was found in Step 2.

You may need to either adjust the logic in Step 2 to be find else create.

OR add a Filter step to prevent the error or adjust the logic to create a

Userlevel 1
Badge

Step 2 created a record in neonOne, 

But how do i get the account number to pass to step 3?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dstrand 

You have the field mapped correctly in the Zap config.

But when the Zap Ran, no match was found in step 2.

Thus why the Zap step 3 resulted in an error because that is a required field.

You may need to either adjust the logic in Step 2 to be find else create so that there is always an Account ID returned.

OR add a Filter step to prevent the error.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I dont understand how to use find else create.  Also how to use the filter 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dstrand

Can you show screenshots of the DATA OUT from Step 2 in the Zap Run?

You have this checkbox checked and related fields configured in Step 2, so the logic is configured to find/create, which should always return an Account ID.

Wondering if there are different variables returned the Account ID when an Account is found vs created.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 1
Badge

that id:  22437 is correct,(what was just created in NeonOne,  but how to pass it to step 3?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dstrand 

Ok, appears this is the case:

Seems like there are different variables returned the Account ID when an Account is found vs created.

So you’ll need to map both possible variables to the Account ID field in Step 2, since only 1 should have a value depending on if the Account was found or created in Step 2.

Try copy/paste these variables into the Account ID field, then test again.

{{212142294__Account ID}}{{212142294__id}}

Userlevel 1
Badge

that worked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! 😁🎉 Thanks so much for circling back here @dstrand to confirm that Troy’s suggestion did the trick here. And big thanks to Troy for helping out with this! 🙌

If you run into any further trouble with your Zaps, please do reach back out to the Community again - we’re always here and happy to assist!