Question

Unable to create basic if process

I am trying to retrieve all hostnames from Cloudflare’s SSL for SaaS, fetch all websites in cPanel via cPanel API, loop through all Cloudflare hostnames, and if the hostname isn’t in the cPanel API request response as a list of websites, delete the hostname. 

I am formatting both cPanel and Cloudflare API responses to line-items using text-to-line-items. 

However, the only continue if isn’t work:

Resulting in:

I can see that Zapier is detecting that none of the hostnames are in the output, however, as you can see:

actioncleaningaz.com is in the list of cPanel websites. 

I have put in three test records, that are in Cloudflare hostnames, but aren’t in cPanel website API response, but it isn’t detecting it, instead opting to say all hostnames aren’t in the cPanel website response.

How can I correct this?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jwhm 

Try changing the Filter operator to: Does not contain

Same issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwhm 

Can you post screenshots with how the Formatter Step 5 is configured in EDIT mode along with the updated Filter step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwhm 

Another approach would be to use a Code step to check a value against a list (array of items) or a string, then Filter based on the output.

@jwhm

Can you post screenshots with how the Formatter Step 5 is configured in EDIT mode along with the updated Filter step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwhm 

Instead of the Formatter Step 5 that converts the text to line items, try mapping the variable output from step 4 to the right side Filter condition and use the operator (Does Not Contain).

Its is now saying none of the items match. I think this is a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwhm 

Reviewing your original Filter config: Hostname is not in OUTPUT list

The Hostname value being tested is: actioncleaningaz.com

The OUTPUT list data includes actioncleaningaz.com.

Therefore it makes sense the Filter would NOT have continued as indicated by the yellow warning because the OUTPUT list data did include the Hostname.

@jwhm

Reviewing your original Filter config: Hostname is not in OUTPUT list

The Hostname value being tested is: actioncleaningaz.com

The OUTPUT list data includes actioncleaningaz.com.

Therefore it makes sense the Filter would NOT have continued as indicated by the yellow warning because the OUTPUT list data did include the Hostname.

So, how can I make it so, if the hostname is not in the output, continue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwhm 

If you test with a Hostname variable value that is not in the list, then the Zap Filter would continue and show as green.

Try turning the Zap ON and testing live, then check the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you trace and troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/