Question

Unable to create Affinity note from GPT web search: Config issue?

• 9 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I am building my own GPT to 1) perform a web search on a user entered keyword 2) have the user specify an organization by name to find an organization in affinity and 3) then add the results of that web search to affinity as a note. 

I continue to get the following error “To resolve this, I recommend reviewing and possibly adjusting the configuration of the Affinity integration in your Zapier account, ensuring that the parameters are correctly set up to accept and process the organization ID and note content” 

Here are the relevant steps in my configuration of the GPT. I have tried to be more specific to specify the exact parameter (Organization_ID) and data type (integer) according to the Affinity API docs but have had no luck: https://api-docs.affinity.co/#create-a-new-note

///

4. Ask the user what organization they would like to find in affinity. 
5. Use the Zapier AI action "Affinity: Find an Organization".
6. Ensure the parameters and data type for the organization from step 5 are what the Zapier AI action "Affinity: Create a note for organization" expects. Use that organization from step 5 to create a note using the Zapier AI action using "Affinity: Create a note for organization". 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Etk823! 👋

It looks like actual the error message is missing from your post here but I spotted that you also reached out to the support team about this and was able to see the full error message from what was mentioned there. Including that here for visibility:

"The 'Organization' field in the "Affinity: Create a note for Organization" action is still not being recognized properly.”

Can you share a screenshot of the setup for the AI action? Showing what option has been selected for the Organization field on that Affinity: Create a note for organization AI action.

I’m wondering whether there’s anything on that side of things which could be preventing the GPT to send over the necessary organization ID number to the Organization field on that action. Please remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this! 

I have attached 2 screenshots as well as the relevant instructions for the GPT 

4. Ask the user what organization they would like to find in affinity. 
5. Use the Zapier AI action "Affinity: Find an Organization". The name parameter should match the user request exactly with no differences. If there are multiple "additional results" only choose the one that matches the user request.  
6.  Use the Zapier AI action using "Affinity: Create a note for organization". companyId = id from step 4; content =  all of the information you gathered and summarized from web search. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry about the delay in a reply here @Etk823!  

Thanks for sending over those screenshots. Those Create a Note and Find an Organization actions appear to be set up correctly here.

With the latest set of instructions though, in step 6 of the instructions it mentions that it should take the company ID from step 4, but step 4 is “Ask the user what organization they would like to find in affinity”. So perhaps it might be trying to pass the name of the company instead of the organization’s ID number. In which case the ID likely needs to be obtained from step 5 instead as that step is to use the Find an Organization action. 

Can you try updating the instructions for the GPT so that it takes the ID from step 5 instead of 4 and let me know if that sorts it? 🤞

I’ve found a way to solve it by actually removing the “Find an Organization” step entirely and it now works! I will post an update as it will be helpful to others. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

YAY! That’s fantastic news @Etk823! 😁🎉

I’m so pleased you were able to get it working by removing that Find an Organization action. Very strange how it was that particular action that was causing the issue here but I’m glad it’s all sorted now at any rate.

I look forward to reading your further update here, and I’m sure that others following this thread will be as well!