Best answer

Unable to connect Zapier to Wordpress

• 22 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey people, 

we are unable to connect Zapier to our website, getting the following error.

1. We have already tried:

connecting different wordpress website (the other one works)
    create a brand new wordpress account and gave it editor permisssion
    installing zapier and activating it in wordpress
    logging in with 3 different wordpress account (using both username and email)
    resetting password

anything that could help us? 
icon

Best answer by christina.d 28 July 2022, 22:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Darntons 

Good question.

Have you reviewed the available help articles for using WordPress in Zaps?

https://zapier.com/apps/wordpress/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Darntons very sorry for the trouble here! Usually, this type of issue is caused by either a security or recaptcha plugin installed on your site. Here is a list of the ones that can be an issue:

• Jetpack
  • Wordfence Security
  • iThemes Security
  • WP Rocket
  • JWT Auth
  • WP-SpamShield
  • WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click
  • Limit Login Attempts Reloaded
  • SiteGuard WP Plugin
  • IP Geo Block
  • WPS Hide Login
  • reCaptcha by BestWebSoft

If you use one or more of the above-mentioned plugins, could you kindly disable them? Also, if you have a security or recaptcha plugin not on the list above, could you please disable them as well? After that, you can proceed with connecting your WordPress site with Zapier as well as turn the security/recaptcha plugin on afterward.

Userlevel 1

From the above mentioned we have Jetpack installed, however we are not able to disable it, as neither of the options mentioned on this site works

https://jetpack.com/support/disconnect-jetpack-sites/

Both path lead to sites that looks differently 
1) Jetpack - Dashboard does not have “site connections” and “manage site connections” button
2) Settings - general does not have “manage your connections” button either

Therefore we do not know how to disable it

Are there other options or ideas why we cannot see the same as on the official Jetpack website?

Userlevel 1

PS:

Managed to do what I needed an alternate way. Instead of connecting Wordpress, I connected RSS feed to get data from the website

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Managed to do what I needed an alternate way. Instead of connecting Wordpress, I connected RSS feed to get data from the website

Thanks for sharing your workaround, @Darntons!

Wordpress can be a little fickle sometimes so we always appreciate ya’ll sharing solutions with the Community. 🤗