Best answer

Unable to connect Zapier account to Shopify store "Zapier could not connect to your account"

• 23 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Is anyone able to help me with the following issue? 

I created a shopify store with the “Creator” theme and installed the Zapier app.
However, when I go to sign in to the Zapier account in order to connect it to shopify it comes up with the following error upon entering my shopify URL into the text field.

Oh, foo.

Zapier could not connect to your account.

Perhaps you declined access?

Or it could be a temporary issue.

After messaging Zapier support they asked me to try switching store themes and then retry, but I was met with the same issue and am still unable to connect my Zapier account.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 25 January 2024, 10:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bjornolsenofficial 

Did you already review these help articles for using Shopify in Zaps?

https://zapier.com/apps/shopify/help

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy, yes, that has been zero help. Along with, both, the Shopify and Zapier support teams. So now I am on this forum asking others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @bjornolsenofficial,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I checked our notes and it looks like this error could happen if the Shopify username (the term Shopify USERNAME can be confusing) is used as the input to the custom sub-domain field when connecting to the Shopify account through Zapier. Kindly make sure that you use the primary domain as shown below: 
Shopify Username

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Omg, you’re amazing! It worked!

I have been back and forth with Zapier support in the emails, exchanging screen recording and everything, who were unable to figure out the problem and you just solved it. Thank you so much!