Best answer

Unable to Connect Google Sheets in Team Drive on Zapier.

• 21 November 2023
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m having trouble connecting google sheets that are in Team Drive, they do not appear as a sheet in the dropdown.
Zapier says to check a workaround but the link doesn’t lead me to the workaround

I’ve worked with another zap in another account where I’ve seen this work, but can’t find how on my own. 

Does anyone knows how I can do this?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 November 2023, 19:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MegWolf 

Good question.

Did you already review the help articles for using GSheets in Zaps?

https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Userlevel 1

Yes - I feel like I’ve clicked on every article that may be remotely close. I haven’t found the answer. 

Userlevel 1

Someone had the same question a few months ago but when I clicked on the link in the answer - the page was no longer available. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MegWolf 

Can you link to that topic?

Userlevel 1

Sure - Does this work:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MegWolf 

The link that no longer works refers to this link now: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

This was the other link in the topic to reference:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for trying but that is about custom fields - not about connected a google team drive. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MegWolf 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured and which fields you are having issues with.

Userlevel 1

So I’m not having an issue with fields. 

I’m having trouble connecting google sheets from a Team Drive, they do not appear as a sheet in the dropdown.
There is a text box that says to use a workaround but the link doesn’t lead me to the workaround, just the generic google sheets topic. 

I’ve worked with another zap in another account where I’ve seen this work, but can’t find how on my own.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MegWolf 

Can you post screenshots of what you are referring to related to the workaround link?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MegWolf 

If you are trying to use GSheets as the Zap trigger, have you tried these options?

Triggering on new/updated rows in a sheet on another Team Drive

Zapier relies on Google Drive's notification system to identify when there are changes in a spreadsheet. This currently works well for Google Sheets in your own Google Drive, but can be a problem for spreadsheets within a Team Drive.

In order to help Google prioritize that issue, please visit Google’s issue tracker, and click on the "star" at the top, to indicate that you would like the problem to be fixed.

In the meantime, Zapier has created separate triggers that work with Team Drives. These are marked with (Team Drive) in the Event dropdown menu, in the Choose App & Event part of your trigger step.

Userlevel 1

That’s exactly what I need! How do I get those triggers? They don’t come up as an option for me. 

Userlevel 1

These are marked with (Team Drive) in the Event dropdown menu, in the Choose App & Event part of your trigger step.

I feel like I’m crazy because this isn’t coming up as an option. 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MegWolf 

The options for Team Drive are within the GSheet Zap app.

These are the available GSheet Zap app triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 1

YES! This is exactly what I needed! I couldn’t find it with any search I did. Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @MegWolf! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗